Nottinghamshire Photo Competition 2020
Many of you have been admiring Martine Hamilton Knight’s photographs from the new Pevsner guide to Nottinghamshire on our Twitter and Facebook pages, but we’d love to see some of the pictures that you yourselves have taken of the numerous churches, stately homes and civic buildings to be found throughout the county. Enter our competition with a personal photograph of your favourite Nottinghamshire building, along with a short caption explaining why it’s your top pick, for the chance to win a a free copy of Nottinghamshire and another Pevsner guide of your choice!
How to enter
Send a photo of your favourite building in Nottinghamshire, along with a caption explaining why you’ve selected it as your number one choice, to us at [email protected] with the subject “Nottinghamshire Photo Competition”. Please include some information about the name and location of the building, especially if your image is of a particular architectural feature rather than the whole exterior.
Entry closes at 11.59pm (GMT) on Thursday 31st December 2020.
Photographs should be of a building’s exterior, rather than interior. It doesn’t need to be a photo that you’ve taken specifically for this competition, but it does need to have been taken by you, be owned by you, and not have been used for any other commercial or editorial purposes. Entries will be judged by Martine Hamilton Knight and a member of the Pevsner team.
Runner-up prize: x1 copy of Nottinghamshire
Grand prize: x1 copy of Nottinghamshire and another Pevsner guide of your choice
Share your photos
Share your photos with the rest of the online Pevsner community by tagging us (@YalePevsner) and using the #NottinghamshirePevsner hashtag.
Need some inspiration?
Here’s a selection of images from Nottinghamshire itself to give you some ideas. You can find out more about Martine Hamilton Knight’s work here.
Love Architectural History?
Sign up to our Pevsner Post mailing list to get all the latest news about the guides, as well as exclusive offers and book recommendations.
Terms & Conditions for the Competition
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By taking part in the competition, all participants will be deemed to have read and accepted them.
- The closing date for entry to the competition will be Thursday 31st December 2020. Entries must be received no later than 11.59pm (GMT) on the closing date. Entries sent past this date will not be considered.
- The Entry must be the work of the individual submitting it (“the Entrant”) and must not have been published elsewhere or won a prize in any other competition.
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- Each Entrant may submit one entry only.
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative in whole or in part.
- We reserve the right to use the image you enter for our own marketing purposes surrounding the competition, including, but not limited to, sharing the image via the Pevsner social media channels (Twitter, Facebook & Instagram). Images shared in this way will be properly credited.
- This competition is not open to employees of Yale University Press or their families.